Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day

Happy May Day! May 1st falls directly between the solstice and the equinox - so that's part of the reason for the celebration - check it here ... no, the photo isn't from this year - it's from last year when we actually had flowers! Though many of you having been seeing your garden grow for a month or two, I am just now in the planning stages of what I'm going to plant - I would like to plant some cutting flowers - straw flowers, gerber daisies and such. We have a particularly short growing season here in SW Montana. As I work for the Extension Service I am always promoting their virtues - if you have questions about yards and gardens, canning, family finances, and a bunch of other interesting stuff - check out your local Extension Office - nearly every county in the country has one!

No comments: