Friday, August 20, 2010

Vintage Fabric

I am obsessed with vintage fabrics/linens. I try to control myself but it's nearly impossible. I limit myself to fairly small and inexpensive pieces. At some point I may even make something out of them, but for now I'm content to place them on a shelf or on my worktable to just touch and to look at! Here is a stack of recent purchases. I wish I could have found a bit more of that beautiful salmon-colored velveteen!Soon I will share a little project I'm working on - I might use a bit of these fabrics!

3 comments:

deanna7trees said...

oh....that velveteen is luscious. I, too, love to collect old fabric. I stop at the thrift shop once a week looking at old clothes and fabric finds.

carole brungar said...

I have exactly the problem here!! Maybe we need to form a support group!! LOL

Remembrances said...

Beautiful velvet! I love vintage textiles as well and have repurposed many for other folks who didn't know what to do with their Grandma's dresser scarves, etc. I can't wait to see your project!