Saturday, February 09, 2013

Valentine Project!

I love Valentine's Day, and I especially love creating hearts! However, I seem to have started a bit late this year! I went to the local thrift store and found some wonderful white quilted pillow covers - king size - 2 for $3.50! Brought them home with a heart project in mind! Dyed one of them in the sink - a lovely shade of 'shabby', faded, red! Cut it into heart shapes, added a little vintage ribbon rosette I had, and here you go~

Found this 'embroidered' piece of fabric... lots of possibilities! 
One of the white quilted pillow covers (before)
Acollection of hearts I put in a basket! 
One of the pillow covers dyed - love this red! 
My studio helper - Asparagus! My new purchase from Baggaraggs! Love her dolls! 
The quilted heart - complete! 

2 comments:

StasaLynn said...

Your heart is ADORABLE. And I love your studio helper.

Derrith said...

Sooo cute. I love the red too! -Derrith