Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Musings - The Handwritten Letter



artwork by Mark Powell

I used to love writing/receiving letters. However, in this digital age I have sorely neglected any form of handwritten correspondence. I am going to change that! I spent yesterday afternoon attending a presentation at the local library on letter writing. They've set up a 'station' where folks can use an array of pens, pencils, stationary, envelopes, etc. to write letters. A fabulous idea! Our presenter is a letter writer, and also raises carrier pigeons/doves that compete in races. Very interesting! Check out her blog here . This has led me to a few other great resources - The Letter Writer's Alliance , Ginny's Small Studio, United States Postal Service and the National Postal Museum.

from Ginny's Small Studio
Anyone interested in handwritten correspondence? I will gladly write a letter to you if you will respond! Send me an email and I'll give you my address! 
new stamp from usps 
another new usps stamp...I have to have some of these! 



No comments: