Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wordy Wednesday - Tif Fussell

I am such a big fan of Tif Fussell - well known as Dottie Angel. When I read she was writing a book I was so excited. I was even more excited when I received it! There are lots of little handmade touches on the cover and back of the book - and as an early-buyer I got a little packet of fabric/thread goodies! Tif loves what she calls "granny chic" - doilies, vintage kitchen linens, sheets and fabrics. I  highly recommend her book - order one here.
photos courtesy of uppercase



And because it's 'wordy wednesday' I thought I would let you know about my 'word' for 2012. I've done this for the past few years - i choose a word as a positive focus for the year. My word is luminous! I want 2012 to be light, shiny, bright and clear, as well as enlightening! Do you have a word for the year?


lu·mi·nous

[loo-muh-nuhs]  
adjective
1.
radiating or reflecting light; shining; bright.
2.
lighted up or illuminated; well-lighted: the luminous ballroom.
3.
brilliant intellectually; enlightened or enlightening, as a writeror a writer's works: a luminous concept; luminous prose.
4.
clear; readily intelligible: a concise, luminous report.

1 comment:

Ella Violet Antiques said...

You ARE luminous! Great word and a great idea for the year! See you soon! Eva